- ½ block of silken tofu, cubed
- 1 can Ayam Brand™ Mackerel Fillet in EVOO 100g, drained
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1½ tbsp Dou Ban Jiang
- 2 garlic, minced
- 1" ginger, minced
- 3 sprigs spring onions, sliced
- 250ml water
- ½ tbsp Szechuan pepper (toasted and ground)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Cornstarch slurry (2½ tbsp water + 1 tbsp cornstarch)
- Fry garlic, ginger and spring onion (white portion), over low heat. Then add Dou Ban Jiang and mix well.
- Add 250ml of water and bring to a simmer.
- Add tofu, mackerel, and soy sauce and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Make cornstarch slurry, and add to the pot to thicken the mixture to your liking.
- Add sesame oil, spring onion (green portion), and sprinkle Szechuan pepper powder to taste.
- Serve with rice or your favourite noodles!