- 1 can Ayam Brand™ Sardines in Tomato Sauce 425g
- 3 garlic
- 1 red onion
- 1" turmeric root
- 3 large red chillis
- 6 small red chillis
- 1 tbsp tamarind pulp, soaked in water
- Spring onion, chopped
- Raw shallots, sliced
- Make the spice paste by blending the garlic, onion, chillis, tumeric with a dash of water. Blend till a paste is formed.
- In an oiled and heaten pan, fry the spice paste till fragrant.
- Add the tamarind water and bring it to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the sardines along with its tomato sauce and stir to cook.
- Taste for seasoning, although the tomato sauce from the sardines has already been seasoned.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the spring onion with the residual heat.
- Serve and top with raw shallots and spring onion.