If you have children at home, here are 5 basic childproofing methods:
- Move all electrical appliances including the toasters and coffeemaker out of your child's reach. When not in use, unplug and hide the cords.
- Put lid on trash can. Dispose of anything sharp such as broken glass and sharp metal can lid by immediately taking out the trash.
- Store sharp tools such as knives, peelers and food-processor blades in a high cabinet or latched drawers.
- Keep cleaning products, detergents and any other toxic household locked up or in a high cabinet.
- Purchase and install an all-purpose fire extinguisher that can be used on electrical and grease fires.