220g egg whites
60g fine sugar
120g almond powder
100 icing sugar
30g cake flour
6g red yeast powder
270g chocolate covertures
270g Ayam Brand coconut cream
Pinch of salt
1-2 drops vanilla oil
1. Whisk egg whites till foamy. Add sugar & whisk till stiff peak.
2. Sift in almond powder, flour, sugar & red yeast powder.
3. Slowly fold in till mixture combined. Transfer the mixture into a piping bag & pipe onto a silpat mat. Dust with extra icing sugar.
4. Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 15mins.
1. Heat coconut cream with salt in a pot over medium low heat.
2. Pour the heated cream over the chocolate. Stir the mixture together till smooth & glossy. Stir in vanilla oil.
3. Let the mixture cool & thickened.
2. Koi Fish Coconut Jelly
Ingredients & Equipment:
Clear Agar Agar Powder or Gelatin
200g Ayam Brand Trim Coconut Milk
50g sugar (add more if you like it sweeter)
Red, Orange Food Gel
2 sets of 6 Koi Fish Jelly Moulds
Raisins (for the fish eyes)
Paintbrush and a bowl to mix the powder and food gel
1. Boil water, sugar, agar agar powder till fully melted and no “sugary coarse bits” remain.
2. Spoon 1 tbsp of boiled jelly into a small bowl and mix to coat the raisins (fish eyes). Place raisins into Koi Fish Jelly mould.
3. In a separate container, spoon some boiled jelly and mix some food gel.
4. Dip your paintbrush into the colored jelly and paint the fish mould in a random pattern.
5. Set the fish jelly moulds in the fridge for 5 mins. In the meantime, pour the coconut milk into the remaining boiled jelly. Let cool till lukewarm.
6. Remove refrigerated jelly moulds from the fridge and pour the coconut jelly mixture over. Place mould back into the fridge to set for a few hours.
7. Unmould Jelly after setting and you’ll be rewarded with your very own Koi Fish Jelly!