Can’t get enough of Korean food and culture? Then you will not want to miss our current contest. We are giving away 10 pairs of Cat 1 tickets for
CHEF: Bibimbap vs Chilli Crab at Resort World Sentosa (each pair worth $196).
Kimchi, The Tangy Tasty Superfood:
Ever wonder why Kimchi is so popular in Korea? This superfood is packed with vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium and iron. The fermentation process produces lactobacillus and lactic acid which boost our immune systems and help with digestion. It’s no wonder that South Koreans eat as much as an average of 40 pounds of Kimchi annually.
Now that we know Kimchi is good for us, why not try our simple & nutritious recipe!
recipe: kimchi omu rice
1 Can Ayam Brand Kimchi Tuna
2 Cups Cooked Brown Rice
2 Tbsp Ayam Brand Corn, drained
2 Tbsp Ayam Brand Peas, drained
1 Tbsp Carrot, grated
1 Shallot, chopped finely
1 Clove Garlic, chopped finely
1 Spring Onion, Sliced
2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
Ketchup (roughly 1 tbsp)
2 Tsp Soy Sauce (optional)
1. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Cook the shallot and garlic till soft and fragrant. Add in the grated carrots and cook for one minute.
2. Add the cooked rice, corn, peas and tuna, and mix well.
3. In a clean pan, heat some oil over medium-high heat. Bring the heat down to medium-low and pour in 1/3 of the beaten eggs. Swirl the pan to spread the egg and cook until the surface of the egg is half-cooked. Add 2/3 cup of the kimchi fried rice mixture in the centre
4. Fold up each side of the egg to cover the rice. Flip it once and carefully slide it into a plate with the seam side down. Drizzle some ketchup over and garnish with spring onions.
5. Repeat for the remaining egg mixture and rice for two more omu rice.
|You don't want to receive our news anymore? unsubscribe|