Open houses and family gatherings are part of our culture, it can be easy to lose track of the food we eat!
Here are some reminders on how you can keep healthy:
- Serve high fiber food such as whole grain breads and brown rice.
- Fish has less fat and cholesterol when compared to beef
- Prepare and serve lean meat where possible.
- Choose a healthier cooking method such as boiling, grilling and steaming.
- Limit intake of sweet foods such as sweet biscuits and chocolates
- Reduce sugary drinks and make sure to have more plain water.
- During mealtimes, serve and eat a variety of vegetables
- Most importantly, eat according to the recommended serving size or in smaller portion