6 egg yolks
1/2 cup (100 g) granulated sugar, divided
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
440 ml Ayam Brand™ coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
1. Preheat the oven to 150°C.
2. Set 4 crème brulee dishes in a large baking dish.
3. Fill the bottom part of a double boiler with water and bring to a simmer.
4. Making the custard- beat egg yolk with 50g sugar and vanilla until thick and pale yellow in colour.
5. Add in the coconut milk and whisk till combines.
6. Transfer the custard into the top of the double boiler crème brulee dishes and heat over simmering water, stirring till custard is slightly thinned.
7. Pour the custard into crème brulee dishes and bake for 30mins. (Let it cool overnight)
8. To broil the top: Preheat the broiler. Sprinkle 50g sugar on top of the custard bake till sugar melts and gets brown.
9. Enjoy this dessert chilled.